By Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. a New Jersey Elder Care Attorney
What federal programs are available to assist in providing health care for the elderly and disabled?

Government assistance programs include the following:
1. Social Security Disability benefits where an individual is unable to engage in gainful employment by reason of medically established mental or physical impairment.  This impairment must be expected to last until death, or continuously over a period of at least 12 months.
2. Supplemental Security Income often called SSI, which provides for needy persons who are elderly, blind, or otherwise disabled.
3. Medicare, which provides medical benefits on the basis of the age of the person, without regard to need.
4. Medicaid, which provides medical assistance regardless of age to the needy.

Contact me personally today to discuss your New Jersey Elder care matter.  I am easy to talk to, very approachable and can offer you practical, legal ways to handle your concerns.  You can reach me toll free at (855) 376-5291 or e-mail me at